User Reviews of Knife Sets!For people who are looking for a high quality knife set the Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Pro S 7-Piece Knife Set with Block is one of the best choices. I have spent several years teaching people how to cook, as well as cooking inside my own kitchen and I swear by these knives. One of the best things about these knives is the perfectly balanced handles, but the laser controlled edge is also nice. Having a laser controlled edge ensures that the blade edge stays sharper for a longer period of time, which means less sharpening on my end.
While the manual claims the knives are dishwasher safe I would avoid placing them inside the dishwasher, instead wash them gently in hot, soapy water. If ever the knives that come inside this set should break J.A. Henckels offers a full warranty. Pros:Friodur Ice Hardening – One thing that Henckels does that other knife manufacturers do not is the Friodur ice hardening. This unique process helps improve the strength of the blade, which mine have lasted for several years. The process has also helped improve the corrosion resistance of my knives, as well as protecting them from pitting. I can’t think of anything worse than pitting in a top quality knife.
- Sigmaforge One-Piece Precision – One of the best things about the construction of these knives is the process used to construct them because it provides the knife blade with the perfect shape. Not only is each blade perfectly shaped, but they are also stable ad stay sharp for an extended period of time. I have been using my knives for a few years and they are still quite sharp. When they do start to dull Henckels sells a great run through sharpener.
- Triple-Riveted – The triple riveted handle is a huge bonus in my house due to how heavy handed my husband is. I don’t know how many knives he has already broken, but I have found purchasing the triple-riveted knives helps prevent so many from breaking. The full tang triple-riveted handles are a lot more durable than other handles, but they are also perfectly balanced.
- Smaller Handles – One drawback to most knife handles is they are large, but Henckels has smaller handles. These smaller handles are designed perfectly for people with small hands, which most women I know do not have very large hands. Not only are the handles designed smaller, but they are also more comfortable to use due to their size and shape. Cons:Bread Knife – One thing that would make this knife set a lot better is including a bread knife. For me the bread knife is one of the most basic knives to have because nothing will cut through bread as well as a bread knife, a regular knife simply tears it apart. However, this isn’t too big of a problem I simply ordered a bread knife when I ordered my knife set.
- Kitchen Shears – I love the kitchen shears and they work perfectly, but cleaning them is not very easy to do. When it comes to the kitchen shears the best thing would allow them to unhinge for cleaning, but this knife set lacks that. Despite not being able to unhinge it isn’t that hard to clean the shears in hot soapy water.
One thing that I have noticed with the Pro S series is that it isn’t too different from the 4-star series. One of the biggest differences between the 4-Star Series when compared to the Pro S Series is the handles of the knives. The 4-Star Series have a light weight plastic handle, which in my opinion feels cheap, but also made me think the knives were of a lesser quality than the other knives. The other different between these two knife sets were the full rat tail and the full tang, the Pro S Series comes with the full tang, which gives the knife set a more durable feel due to the added weight, but also in my opinion looks better.
One thing that I cannot stress enough when it comes to purchasing these high quality knives is that a cutting board must be used. There is no sense spending good money on a Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Pro S 7-Piece Knife Set with Block if you are just going to turn around and destroy them on your counters. However, just using any cutting board won’t work, stay away from glass ones and use a Polypropylene one instead. Despite the higher price of these knives I highly recommended them due to them being top quality.
- 3-inch parer, 5-inch serrated utility, 5-inch hollow-edge santoku, 8-inch chef's
- Kitchen shears, 9-inch steel, hardwood block
- Friodur ice-hardened stainless-steel blades
- Black synthetic, three-rivet full-tang handles
- Lifetime warranty against defects
Last update on 2017-04-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API