The Work Sharp WSKTS-KO is quite a popular knife and tool sharpener, and it’s available for a good price. However, is it worth the value of this price? Does it bring the quality and efficiency you would expect for how much you are paying? More importantly, how does it compare to other knife sharpeners?
The Work Sharp WSKTS-KO comes with an adjustable sharpening guide built into the machine, which provides a precise finish with no calibration time required meaning you can just keep going throughout the day. As well as this, it has a heavy duty motor which gives it a better kick than other sharpeners out there.
The sharpening module also keeps your knives precise so that if you are trying to polish up a specific part of the blade it will come out at the highest possible quality. As well as this, you receive a scissor sharpening guide – this can add years of life on to your scissors.
- Adjustable sharpening angle
- Huge improvement on previous models
- Speed adjustCons
- Strap can curve finish on blade
- Keeping your tools as sharp as possible is vital to the success and longevity of these tools.
In terms of design, it’s a compact and easy to move around tool sharpener so it would be easy enough to bring to work with you if you felt you may need it. It’s a useful item to have on your workbench though, for sure, for the variety of items that it can sharpen alone.Performance
If you have used a lesser style of tool sharpener in the past, then you would notice an instant difference with this one. While the original edition had a series of lackluster features, the Ken Onion equivalent has stood up to the plate.
Like any sharpener, you can find yourself rounding edges off you never intended to if you aren’t experienced or concentrating enough. In terms of performance though this will sharpen up just about anything you need sharpened, but it can take a little bit of getting used to the system and the way it actually manages the tool during the process.
So, while this is a great tool, we wouldn’t recommend using your good tools on it until you have mastered the entire process and the little niche movements that are needed to keep things on the right direction. For something more user-friendly and straight forward, we recommend an electric knife sharpener that features diamond abrasives, such as the Chef’s Choice 120.
Whether you are buying this for work, for fun or as a gift, it makes a solid addition to any tool set. It makes the perfect gift for any kind of hobbyist, fisherman, hunter, welder, anything you can think of that regularly uses tools.
Aside from the difficulty at first for users new to tool sharpeners, the overall quality and design of this is completely fine. Well worth the output if you don’t mind taking some time to get used to the hardware, though.
- An adjustable sharpening guide to produce precise edge bevels from 15° to 30°
- Premium flexible abrasive belts to deliver a strong, long lasting razor-sharp edge
- A variable speed motor to handle every sharpening task, from grinding to honing
- WHAT'S IN THE BOX: (1) Ken Onion Edition Knife & Tool Sharpener, (1) P120 Extra-Coarse Belt, (1) X65 Coarse Abrasive Belt, (1) X22 Medium Abrasive Belt, (1) X4 Fine Abrasive Belt, (1) 6000 Extra-Fine Abrasive Belt, (1) Quick Start Guide, (1) User's Guide
- The ¾" x 12" premium, flexible engineered abrasive belts* sharpen virtually any shape or type of knife blade and uses a precision sharpening guide to ensure that you get a consistent angle every time
Last update on 2017-03-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API