Every serious cook asks for the best cookware set. But when you go to the kitchen store, you may probably confused by all your cookware choices. The number of cookware brands has been growing every day, but all the pots and pans look similar in your opinion. There are some differences which may suffer your food’s flavor and waste your money if you don’t take them seriously. Only when you looking after the cookware set carefully, will you be rewarded with the good service and enjoy cooking.
Some knowledge about cookware:
1.What should we look for when buying cookware?
- Price –The amount of money you budget to pay for your cookware set may be a important factor in your end up buying. The prices of the different cookware sets may vary a lot due to different brands and different metals.
- Heat conductivity— Some metals conduct heat better than other metals. So the time you would like to spend on cooking may be an important factor for you to determine the material of the cookware set.
- Durability— Stainless steel which is popular right now is the best in this aspect. It may maintain its good looks and last longer than other metals.
- Reactivity—- Some metals react with certain foods. Actually stainless steel cookware seldom reacts with foods, while other metal may react with certain foods, aluminum for instance, can react with tomato and other acidic dishes.
- Maintenance— If you want to your cookware set to keep good looks, you’ll have to pay for the maintenance. Then you need to be aware of the reactivity of each product.
2.The comparison of different types of cookware set
Many people may be confused when deciding whether to buy a complete set or an individual piece. Well, that’s really a question. But now i’ll give you some considerations to help you make your decision.
1. Advantages of buying a set.
- It saves you money compared to buying each piece individually.
- It looks cleaner and more beautiful with a set. Those individuals may look colorful and don’t match each other.
- The less items that you need in the set, the greater.
2. Advantages of buying individuals.
- If you just want to replace a few pieces or you’ve already have most of the set, then it would be wise to buy individual to save money.
- You can choose the cookware materials according to the cooking. Different materials have different features as above.
1.Think about which piece you’ll need
There are tons of different cookware shapes, most of which you may not need actually. Familiarize yourself with the different shapes and their brands, then decide which suits you best. Warnings: Buying a cookware set is usually a lot cheaper than buying piece by piece. If you don’t use the most of the set, then consider if a set is worth the money.
2.Don’t be shy when you are in the shop. Pick up the cookware, check the thickness and rap it with your knuckle. You should hear a thud rather than a ping. All these should be taken seriously. After all, the cookware set will be used almost everyday.
3. If you aren’t concerned with fast cooking too much, choose stainless steel cookware. (the best stainless steel cookware sets)
4.Avoid choosing the aluminum cookware unless it is “anodized”. (the best anodized aluminum cookware sets)
5.The copper and aluminum cookware should be chosen when you want fast cooking.
6.To limit the use of oil, then choose nonstick cookware because you don’t need to coat the cookware with oil when you cook. It’s also easy for nonstick cookware to clean and maintain.(the best nonstick cookware sets)
To choose which cookware set is depended on the dish we’ll prepare. For instance, nonstick cookware sets are the best for those families who are weight-conscious. What probably the most popular but expensive type is the best hard anodized cookware sets.