The Soleus Air CFM-40 E 40-Pint Dehumidifier is capable of removing up to 40 pints of water per day making it suitable for small to medium sized areas in your home or office. This unit stands out for its low noise level, which at only 41dB at its lowest fan speed makes it very quiet and one of its best selling points.
Weighing just 31 pounds, the Soleus Air CFM-40 E is a very portable dehumidifier that is relatively easy to lift and carry by using the top-mounted handle. Fitted with caster wheels, the unit can be moved from room to room without great effort. It comes with an economical washable air filter and a 12.5 pint, easy to access removable front reservoir tank that has a full-bucket indicator alarm. It also includes an automatic shut-off function that prevents the unit from overflowing. If however you don’t want to continuously empty the bucket there is the option to use the continuous drainage port where you can attach a hose (not supplied) to a drain or sump into which the water can discharge.
The Soleus CFM-40E is fitted with an adjustable humidistat that allows you to set the relative humidity in a range of 50 to 70%. Although it’s a fairly narrow range when compared to similar models from some other manufacturers it can be considered adequate for most situations. This range can be set in only three levels; 50, 60 or 70%. A lot of dehumidifiers have increments of 5%. The CFM-40E is also a very attractive and compact unit, making it suitable for homes where space is a little tight.
The auto-defrost feature allows this Soleus Air Dehumidifier to operate at temperatures as low as 36°F. This is about 5% lower than many other models and very important if you need to use this unit in an area, such as a garage which, in cold weather, could cool to a few degrees above freezing point. It would also be suitable for a small basement no bigger than 500 sq feet. For medium or large sized basements you should opt for a higher capacity 50 or 70 pint unit.
The Soleus Air CFM-40E comes with some more interesting features like a washable air filter that helps remove impurities and dust to keep the air fresh, three fan speeds: high, medium and quiet. “Quiet” really is quiet. This Soleus Air Dehumidifier uses the no-CFC refrigerant for protecting the environment and to reduce pollution.
Soleus Air CFM-40E Product Features and Functions
- Lightweight with caster wheels and carrying handle to provide easy portability
- Optional continuous drainage port
- Full bucket indicator alarm
- Bucket Capacity: 12.5 Pints
- Washable air filter
- Whisper-quiet operation
- Automatic defrost.
- Adjustable Humidistat for Humidity Control
- Energy-efficient unit
- Automatic shutoff prevents overflow
- Manual and soft-touch control
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 14 1/2 x 9 1/4 x 21inches. Weight: 31 pounds
- Compact and Portable, streamlined design
- Manual and soft-touch control
- Adjustable Humidistat to keep humidity at a comfortable level
- Auto-Defrost allows continuous operation in temperatures as low as 36°F
- Continuous drainage, avoids emptying water container manually
- Very quiet (41dB in “quiet” mode)
- Lightweight with built-in wheels and carrying handle, provides easy portability
- Effective, including use in smaller basements
- If the power goes out, the unit will not turn back on automatically
- Relatively limited range of three fixed humidistat levels
The Soleus Air CFM-40 E 40-Pint Dehumidifier is a good unit that is capable of dehumidifying small to medium sized rooms or basements. One of its most important sales point is the fact that it’s a quiet dehumidifier which seems to please most people.
Consumer reaction is very favorable and the almost 700 customer reviews at Amazon.com are testament to the popularity of this attractive looking portable dehumidifier. Some of the negative reviews came from people that said that their units stopped working after a year or two. For anyone who is looking for a small, remarkably quiet, relatively light, medium capacity 40 pint unit then we can recommend the Soleus Air CFM-40E.