This simple and variable dumbbell system can accommodate your strength training needs at home effectively and quickly much like a weight stack at the gym, requiring little space. The weights can be altered from 5 to 45 pounds by a selector pin at 5 pound increments, essentially replacing 9 pair of dumbbells.
- Pair of adjustable dumbbell weights for efficient, cost-effective strength training
- Adjusts from 5 to 45 pounds in 5-pound increments (5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, and 45 pounds)
- Selector pin lets you change weights easily, just like with weight stack at the gym
- More compact and balanced than traditional dumbbells; padded handle for wrist protection
- Offers maximum weight of 45 pounds per hand; limited 10-year warranty
(80 out of 86 people on Amazon gave 4 or 5 stars).
The majority of users felt the PowerBlock Classic Dumbbell set was solidly built and comfortable with the padded handle. Additionally, users praised the one step process for adjusting each weight. The fast process of changing weight settings fits well with quick changing exercise programs such as P90X or P90X2. Other user comments spoke highly of the sturdy weight changing pin and the presence of a backup system of magnets and elastic cord to hold the adjusting pin in place.
One reviewer stated he had over $30k in home gym equipment, but these dumbbells were his “favorite and most used item”. A few users have had these dumbbells for a few years without significant problems. Also, one reviewer shared that the PowerBlock Classics had a smaller foot print than the Bowflex SelectTech dumbbells. Lastly, many reviewers found the blocky form was less limiting than initially anticipated.
A complaint shared by a few users about these PowerBlocks was difficulty going through full range of motion on some exercises when using heavier weights because of length of dumbbells. Also, the weight selected would occasionally stick to plate next to it. Another common reviewer report was how it was easier to change weights with the dumbbell resting on the stand or something flat / solid as opposed to a soft chair or carpeted floor. But, this is about par for comparable adjustable dumbbells as a whole.
If you are looking for a solid, quick changing pair of adjustable dumbbells at a reasonable cost, and aesthetic design does not rank high in your needs list, then these are hard to beat.
- Replaces nine pairs of dumbbells
- Color-coded rails correspond with weight chart to make selection quick and easy
- Adjusts in 5 lb increments
- Short and compact dumbbells provide easier balance and control
- Weight Increments: 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, and 50 lbs per hand
Last update on 2017-04-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API