This GE ADER65LN Dehumidifier Review is the first General Electric Dehumidifier that we have reviewed here on the site.
Quality is what you get with any General Electric product. The GE ADER65LN Dehumidifier is no exception. It is a solid 65 pint dehumidifier that will help dry out any basement or crawl space. While not the cheapest (you should be able to find it for under $325 as of this writing) it will do the job for you.
It is energy STAR rated so that will help you save some money as well as electricity, especially if you are going to run this machine non-stop throughout the day. It is a bit noisier than some of the other models that we have reviewed, such as the Fridgidaires, so you should keep that in mid before you purchase.
As with most basement dehumidifiers, the GE ADER65LN Dehumidifier comes with rolling casters so that you can easily move it from one part of your basement to another without breaking your back. The electronic controls are easy to use and will help you pre-set a specific humidity level that is comfortable for you.
- It will suck up to 65 pints of water per day
- 100% ENERGY STAR® rated
- Electronic controls that are easy to operate
- Will work in low temperature areas.
- Front condensate bucket that is easy to empty without making a mess.
- Included is a water level indicator
- Will automatically turn itself off when the bucket fills
Here are a few excerpts from actual users of the GE ADER65LN from Amazon. These are just excerpts so be sure to click the appropriate link to read the entire review.
“Now about the GE ADER65LN, first GE I’ve tried: it is comfortably quiet and effective, I don’t believe the “pints removed” rating is exagerated. It runs the compressor for a time, and then cycles to “fan only” to drop the water. Once the initial dehumidification of the living space is accomplished, it works quickly to remove moisture. It has a timer you can use if you……”
“Unlike previous dehumidifiers I had before, the GEADER65LN has a easilyremoveable water collector/container that can be emptied without spilling the water over everything. Mine is working all the time without any trouble. Recommend…..”
“I have a very damp basement, so a dehumidifier is a must. After reading several reviews, I decided to try this one, and am glad I did. It’s very easy to set-up, and is very efficient. I like that it has multiple….”
From everything that we have researched about the GE ADER65LN Dehumidifier is very good. While maybe not the most popular model on the market, this model comes in at a solid 4.5 rating. We would probably have given it a 5 but for the fact there just isn’t enough information out there as some of the other dehumidifiers that we have reviewed.
- •17.5 pint bucket with dehumidification of 50 pints per day
- •Washable air filter saves money on replacements
- •Water full indicator lamp lets you know when tank is full
- •Auto shutoff turns off the dehumidifier when bucket is full to prevent overflow, plus automatic defrost control
- •External drain connector eliminates the hassle of emptying the bucket
Last update on 2017-04-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API