The Frigidaire 70 pint dehumidifier is an Energy Star certified dehumidifier that will help you keep not only your basement free of moisture, but also the whole house.
The Frigidaire name alone should breed confidence in your search for the best basement dehumidifier as it is a very reputable company name. This wheeled dehumidifier is very portable and can be moved from room to room with very little effort.
If your basement is large, then we would suggest that you go with this model, the FAD704TDP, as the 70 pint capacity should be large enough to meet your dehumidifier needs.
The FAD704TDP is probably the best dehumidifier that we have reviewed on this site and really the only one that has met the 5 star rating.
- A true certified Energy Star dehumidifier
- Will use much less energy which in turn saves you money
- A anti-microbial filter is provided to help clean the air
- Will remove nasty bacteria as well as allergens
- 115 volts
- 765 cool watts
- A 6 foot power cord is included
- Easy to use control panel that lets you set your rooms exact humidity
- Dimensions are 17.75” x 15.3” x 25”
- Weighs 44 pounds
- A 1-year warranty is included with the FAD704TDP
These are some of the Positive and Negatives from actual users:
- It’s very quiet and keeps my 1000 sq ft basement bone dry.
- All in all, I am glad we purchased this one and would do it again.
- We put it in our garage which has too much moisture & within a couple of hours the smell was improving.
- This works so well pulling the moisture out of the air.
- Easy controls, has all sorts of settings.
- It is a bit noisy
- The use a tremendous amount of electricity!
Here is a complete review from an actual user:
From Dave T.:
I have read that this could be a noisy dehumidifier but to be honest, I thought it was very quiet. I guess I expected the worse but was pleasantly surprised. It filled up a 2 gallon bucket of water for me in just about 2 hours, so I know that it did it’s job. I could tell after running it overnight that this machine was a winner. Within 2 days, my basement was completely dry and free of the nasty odor.
This is a very good dehumidifier and I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to dry up a humid basement.
As stated above, this is truly a 5 star dehumidifier. We highly recommend the Frigidaire FAD704TDP 70 pint dehumidifier. The only real issue that we have seen with it is that some people thought it was noisy while most didn’t have a problem with it. Overall, this is a great buy for the money.
- 70 pints per day dehumidifier uses standard 115V electrical outlet
- Protects your home from mold and mildew caused by excess moisture
- Helps eliminate bacteria in the air that can make breathing difficult
- Low temperature operation saves energy and money (41°)
- Ready-Select electronic controls with digital humidity readout, 24-hour on/off timer and control lock
Last update on 2017-04-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API