The Eva-Dry EDV-E-500 Mini Dehumidifier is different to any other cheap dehumidifier we have reviewed. It was designed to absorb humidity from small enclosed areas like closets, gun safes or travel trailers, helping to protect clothes, shoes, guns and other valuables from the damaging effects of mold and moisture rot.
This small dehumidifier is completely silent, has no power source or moving parts, no batteries or cords to plug in, so you’ll never have to listen to this unit hum away in the background. Just place or hang the Eva-Dry in a closet or other small enclosed spaces and it will start to absorb moisture.
There is an indicator window with special moisture meter crystals that are visible through a window that change color from blue (when dry) to pink (when wet) to indicate when the unit needs to be “renewed”. The Eva-Dry EDV-E-500 uses a specialized, engineered, crystallized silica gel that is odorless, non-toxic and completely safe. These “silica gel crystals” will adsorb approximately 8-10 ounces of moisture over a period of 6-8 weeks.
Once the Eva-Dry dehumidifier reaches its moisture capacity it will be noticeably heavier. It will not leak or spill at which time the indicator crystals turn pink so it is time to “renew” the unit. You simply remove the unit from where it was placed and plug it into a power outlet or power strip in a well ventilated area. The unit has a built-in heater that will warm the crystals allowing them to expand and release the moisture as water vapor into the outside air.
This takes about 12-14 hours to completely “re-new” the EDV-E-500. Once it is completely renewed the indicator crystals will change back to blue. The unit is brand new again and ready to adsorb another 8-10 ounces of moisture once again. According to Eva-Dry, these crystals will remain active for 10 years and Amazon offers a 5 year limited manufactures warranty on all EDV 500 units.
Product Features and Functions
- The product is 100% wireless and 100% renewable
- It operates using silica gel crystals that turn from blue to pink as the unit absorbs moisture
- Moisture absorption capacity is around 8 to 10 ounces
- Requires around 12 to 14 hours for full renewal, by plugging it into a power outlet in a well-ventilated room
- Is considered environmentally safe
- It guarantees no messy spills or refills
- Is expected to stay working for at least 10 years
- Absorbs moisture in a completely silent way
- Dimensions: 8 x 2.5 x 5.5 inches and weighs 3 pounds
- Effectively collects moisture from the air in small enclosed areas like closets, campers, etc.
- Reusable – Which can save you lots of money
- Environmentally safe
- Compact and Stylish – No messy containers of moisture control products to spill or change out.
- Completely silent when operating
- 10 year lifespan
- The recharge process gets the unit very hot and it doesn’t always sit well in an outlet without support. Problem can be solved by placing a prop under the EDV-E-500 during recharges.
- The hook is fairly flimsy when hanging in a full or tight closet and the unit can easily fall. Best to place it on the floor.
This amazing mini dehumidifier has the advantage of being wireless, silent, cheap, economic, convenient and renewable every 6-8 weeks or so, depending on the humidity levels. It’s great for people who don’t want any hassle or noise around the house and it lasts 10 years!
That’s a lot of nice features for this beautifully designed and amazing piece of technology that will help you keep humidity free closets in your home. We highly recommend the Eva-Dry EDV-E-500 Renewable Wireless Mini Dehumidifier.
- 100% wireless, 100% renewable, 10 year life span, Environmentally Safe, No Messy Spills or Refills to buy EVER!
- 10 year life span!, Brand NEW design, Completely silent when operating
- Absorbs 6-8 Ounces of Moisture and Once the Moisture is Absorbed, It Does Not Leak Or Spill
- Protects clothes and valuables from harmful effects of mold, mildew and moisture rot.
- Dimensions: 5.5 x 2.5 x 8 - Product Weight: 1.8 Lb.
Last update on 2017-04-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API