You probably already have an air conditioner and a thermostat in your home. This gives you the option to monitor and regulate the temperature. But did you know that regulating the moisture levels in the air – known as relative humidity – is equally important because it can also improve your lifestyle and comfort levels?
Essick Air has been producing humidifiers and coolers for over 90 years, many models we have wholeheartedly recommend here such as the 821 Evaporative Console and the MA0800 whole home unit. With new research coming out all the time identifying the health benefits of a home humidifier, Essick has been at the forefront of developing products to meet the demand. One CDC test showed that the chances of flu transmission are less if the humidity level in the environment is 43%.
If you are looking to invest in an Essick humidifier, the following information will assist you in deciding if the Essick Air MA1201 Whole-House Humidifier is the right one for you. Let’s take a look at the features and what benefits they can offer you:
- The Essick Air whole-house humidifier is a console-style humidifier, which means it is portable. It doesn’t have any belts, pulleys or wheels because it’s compact and light enough to make it fully transportable without them. While it’s designed to humidify the whole house (up to 2500 square feet), moving it into different rooms will give you different benefits. For example, if your child is ill, you may want to move it into his room to alleviate coughing. Or if you have a thermostat on in the family living area, you may place it there to prevent the air becoming too dry.
- Because this Essick humidifier has a digital humidistat, it automatically adjusts the humidity levels in your house, and shuts off when the optimal humidity level is reached. Humidity levels (referring to the moisture content in the air) can become very low during winter. The resulting dry air can leave your skin dry and itchy, worsen your allergy or asthma symptoms and even dry out your wooden floors and furniture causing them to weaken or crack. Low humidity levels have also been shown to make you more prone to getting an infection as the protective barriers in your mouth and nose become dehydrated. The recommended humidity level in a room is between 30 and 40%.
While the benefits of investing in an Essick air humidifier are numerous, one that will be most noticeable to you is how comfortable you feel in your home. With higher humidity levels your skin and eyes won’t feel as dry, your house won’t be plagued with static electricity and you’ll find it easier to moderate the temperature in your home too. This is because when the Essick MA 1201 releases vapor into the air, the air becomes easier to either heat up or cool down. So you can see how using Essick humidifiers also translates into lower thermostat bills!
Other Benefits of the Console Humidifier
This easy-to-clean console humidifier has a 3.9-gallon capacity, which is sufficient for a large home. It works by moving air through a saturated wick. As the air moves, the water evaporates into the air. This vapor is clean because all dust and minerals are left behind.
The humidified air is fanned out into the environment of your home, raising the humidity levels as it does so. It is recommended that you place it where you need it most, or in a position where the vapor can be moved throughout the home, such as a cold air return.
You may be concerned about having a humidifier in your home because you’ve heard that they can be noisy. This needn’t be a worry with the Essick MA 1201 because it has an innovative night-time setting that cuts down on noise so your sleep won’t be interrupted. Using a humidifier in your bedroom can actually help you sleep deeper and better, as it cuts down on snoring by reintroducing moisture into your mouth and nasal passages. This will also be valuable if you have placed the humidifier in a child’s bedroom to alleviate wheezing, eczema or a cough.
When the water runs out, a flashing light will alert you. The water bottle is detachable making it a fuss-free job anyone in your family can do. When you are finished using your Essick humidifier, which may be the case during summer months, the humidifier has an auto-dry function. This means it won’t get moldy or foul smelling while in storage. When winter rolls around again you can remove it from storage, fill up the tanks again and get it working within minutes.
- Console-style humidifier for a whole house up to 3600 square feet
- Digital humidistat automatically maintains your desired humidity level with digital accuracy
- Automatically shuts off when desired humidity level is reached or when unit is empty
- Easy to clean - evaporative wick traps mineral deposits, Smooth operation - no belts, pulleys or wheels
- Assembled Dimension: 20.5(h) x 21.5(w) x 14.5 (l) in
Last update on 2017-03-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API