Drive Image 2800ECBU-RCL-20 EC Mid Wheel Drive Power Chair thanks to a tight turning radius puts up a nimble performance, the highlight of which is its great agility and terrific control. Users can gain all the control on the power chair while having all the wheels on the ground all the time. Its most notable feature is its mid wheel drive, which makes it very dependable and sturdy when compared to other power chairs. It is also accompanied by a reclining captain’s chair seat with a very easy to adjust head rest.
It is brought to you by Drive Medical Design and Manufacturing, which is one of the biggest distributers and makers of high durable medical equipments, having markets in America, Middle East, and Asia. It’s history dates back to 2000 when it was created under the name of Medical Depot, Inc., gained reputation and became a fast growing company in the industry. The brand it is now, it is known for its high quality and state of the art tools.
Price and main features list
- Maximum user weight equals 300 pounds.
- Semi-pneumatic swivel wheels, both rear and front.
- Front swivel anti-tippers.
- Adjustable independent suspension.
- Flat free drive mid wheels.
- Coil spring tension suspension.
- Maximum speed of 4 miles per hour.
- Weighs 192 pounds.
- Tested and surpassed the ANSI RESNA testing.
- You can access the batteries from the rear of the chair.
- Depth adjustable arms.
- On board charger included.
- The joystick can be mounted on both sides.
- 12.4 – 18.6 miles in travel range.
- Minimum Climbing Angle equals 8 degree.
- PG VR2 50A controller.
- Amperage of the off board charges is 3 Amps.
- Life time warranty on the frame.
- One year warranty on the electric controller.
- 6 months warranty on the battery.
- Dimensions 42 X 24 X 44.5 inches.
- Reclining captain’s chair.
- Headrest is adjustable.
- Electromagnetic break system.
- 12 Volt batteries.
Who is it for?
Ideal for those who need a power chair where they can exercise great control over it. Could be the right companion for all those who wanted a mid wheel drive, just to enjoy total control.Pros and cons
It comes with all the features you would want, a 300 lbs maximum user weight, 4 miles per hour speed and the fact that is was tested and passed the ANSI RESNA testing vouches for its quality.
And of course its most amazing feature, the mid wheel, one of a kind feature that allows maximum control over the chair and it makes it very stable and reliable.
Why you should buy it?
The wheelchair gives you all the control you would need on your power chair. Got a good travel range to cover, and locomotes at about 4 miles per hour speed, lugging load of up to 300 lbs. Why shouldn’t you buy it is the question.
If price is not much of a concern, just go for this wheelchair. Not many products bring together performance and excellence at this price.