The DeLonghi DD50P Energy Star Dehumidifier is a medium to large capacity unit that is capable of extracting 50 pints of water every day with its internal condensate pumps. It has a low temperature operation which allows it to work in basements with temperatures as low as 41°F (5°C). The DeLonghi DD50P is cooled by using the R410A refrigerant, an environmentally ozone friendly refrigerant gas that has a very low toxic level.
The DeLonghi DD50P comes with a digital LCD display to make it easy to use and navigate. It has adjustable humidity levels ranging from 35-90% to suit your own humidity preference. The unit comes with a washable air filter, two fan speeds to choose from, a thermostat regulator so as to ensure a constant temperature around your room.
The DeLonghi DD50P is also energy star-qualified, which means that you can save between 10 to 20% less energy than other non-certified products in its category. It also has a 24-hour programmable timer so that it can automatically shut off after a while of use.
The DeLonghi 50 pint Dehumidifier features an auto-defrost function. Because water vapor is removed from the air by condensing it onto cold coils, ice can accumulate on these coils at temperatures, from 65°F or lower. The formation of this ice can damage the unit, so the auto-defrost system stops the compressor to allow the flow of air to melt the ice. So as you can imagine the cooler it gets, the more time it spends defrosting and thereby the less effective it becomes.
So even though this DeLonghi dehumidifier can operate safely at temperatures as low as 41°F, it cannot be considered an ideal choice for cool areas that remain below 60°F, for extended periods of time.
Despite the DeLonghi DD50P 50 Pint Energy Star Dehumidifier weighing 41 lbs, it’s very portable because it is installed with caster wheels, making it easy to slide around your home or basement.
Product Features and Functions
- 50 pints per day dehumidification
- Energy Star qualified, meeting or exceeding federal guidelines for energy efficiency and helping money savings
- Uses Eco friendly R-410A refrigerants
- LCD Electronic display for monitoring the humidity and temperature
- Low temperature operation – as low as 41ºF
- Frontally located 14.8 pint tank and transparent water level window
- Empty water 3 ways: patented pump system, through 3 ft. hose or directly into the tank
- Washable Air Filter
- Pump system with 16′ hose that can pump water upward to drain out a window or into a sink
- 2 fan speed for easy operation.
- Anti-frost design allowing use in rooms with temperatures as low as 41°.
- Product Dimensions (W, H, Depth): 14.96&Prime x 24.02&Prime x 11.81&Prime. Weight: 41lbs
- Low operating temperature – The unit will work as low as 41 degrees F and it has an automatic de-icing system
- The DD50P comes with a built-in auto-pump system with a 16 inch hose that can pump water upward to drain out a window or into a sink, which can be very convenient.
- With its frontally located tank and transparent water level window, you can easily see how much water has been collected.
- Using the timer button you can control when the unit turns on and off. This function is very useful allowing you to save money on your electric bill. As an example, you can set the unit to run only at night when electric rates are lower.
- It has only 2 fan speeds – one or two more speed options would be handy.
- Some users felt the units were a bit noisy
- No auto restart feature. When the power goes out you have to go and turn the unit back on manually.
- Owner’s Manual
- 16 foot condensate pump hose
- 3 foot gravity drain hose
- Caster Wheels
The Delonghi DD50P dehumidifier is great at removing humidity from spaces up to 1,000 square feet and comes with a unique internal pump, making it almost completely hands off, which justifies its price tag being a little more expensive than other similar units.
The stylish Italian designed DeLonghi DD50P is a well featured dehumidifier and an excellent choice for your home or office.
- 50 pints per day dehumidifier with worry-free pump function uses standard 115V electrical outlet
- Empty water 3 ways: continuously through pump and 16 ft. hose, passively through 3 ft hose or manually empty tank
- Visible water level
- 6-liter tank control system with alarm
- Electronic climate control with LCD display
Last update on 2017-03-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API