Having a total weight capacity of 105 pounds, each piece of dumbbell can be set to weigh anywhere from 5 to 52.5 pounds on each hand. This makes for a space saving design, as you won’t need to purchase several sets of dumbbells to accomplish different types of exercises as just this one set will suffice.
Top Features of the Bowflex SelectTech 552
- Adjustable Settings – Each piece of dumbbell can weigh 5 pounds to 52.5 pounds. This is done by adjusting the weight on a piece of dumbbell in 2.5 and 5-pound increments.
- Multi-Functional Design – You can perform different types of exercises with this one set of dumbbells because it can accommodate both light and heavy trainings.
- Dial System – The built-in dial system makes it really easy to adjust the weights. And according to the research conducted, having this model is like having 15 sets of different-weighted dumbbells.
- Workout DVD – There’s a free DVD included in the package to make working out with this set of adjustable dumbbells more productive.
- Warranty – Bowflex backs this model up with 2 years warranty on parts and 1 year warranty on labor.
- Good Quality – This model has a well built design; and the units have a sturdy and durable construction too.Easy to Use – Having the dial system makes it really easy to use as setting the weight is as easy as turning a knob.
- Space Saver – This model of adjustable dumbbells can replace a whole rack of standard dumbbell sets.
- Multi-Functional Design – As you can adjust one piece of dumbbell anywhere from 5 to 52.5 pounds, you are given the option to perform a wide variety of exercise too.
- Reasonable Price – It costs so much less than buying 15 sets of regular dumbbells.
Some Plastic Materials – Best Adjustable Dumbbells Reviews notes that this model is not entirely made of metal materials. And because it also utilizes plastic components, there are pieces that could easily break if you’re not that careful at handling the dumbbells.
What Customers Are Saying – Are These Adjustable Dumbbells Cheap?
Quality-wise, these are not cheap adjustable dumbbells; and that’s a good thing. Price-wise, this model is not considered to be cheap too; and although that means spending more money when purchasing this particular set of dumbbells, that’s not necessarily a bad thing as you will get a high quality product. As the saying goes, you get what you pay for.
There’s a reason why the Bowflex SelectTech 552 adjustable dumbbell set is the number 1 bestselling product. And if you check on the customer reviews at Amazon, you will find that over a thousand customers have left positive feedback for this model of dumbbell. It has an overall rating of 4.6 stars out of 5, which is really quite impressive.
How Much Should You Expect to Pay for the Bowflex SelectTech 552 Adjustable Dumbbells?
This model of adjustable dumbbells can be purchased for $300 more or less. It depends on where you’ll get it. Based on our investigation, however, it is more practical to purchase it online especially if you are entitled to free shipping.
Our Recommendation on the Best Adjustable Dumbbells
If you don’t want to buy a whole rack of regular dumbbells for economical and practical reasons, then we suggest considering the Bowflex SelectTech 552 adjustable dumbbell set. This has a total of 105 pounds, so you can set each piece up to 52.5 pounds when working out.
Because of its adjustable features, you can do light strength training exercises that only require 5 to 10 pounds of weight per routine. And since you can increase the weight up to 52.5 pounds on each hand, this is an efficient exercise tool for doing chest and abdominal exercises too. In fact, these dumbbells are also useful for leg, arm, shoulder, and back exercises as well.
Because of this Bowlex model’s overall usability and design, we can say that it’s one of the best performing workout tools that you will find on the market today. Best Adjustable Dumbbells Reviews recognizes these dumbbells’ versatility; that’s why we are recommending it to all our readers without reservations or any doubt at all.
- Each dumbbell adjusts from 5 to 52.5 pounds; adjusts in 2.5-pound increments up to the first 25 pounds
- Lets you rapidly switch from one exercise to the next
- Combines 15 sets of weights into one, using a unique dial system
- Eliminates the need for multiple dumbbells cluttering your workout space
- Two year warranty on weight plates and parts
Last update on 2017-04-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API