Running a home can be hard work. But, as you know, installing the right systems can take the lot of the sweat work out of it for you. For example, did you know that running a house humidifier in your home can help protect your wood features, such as your hardwood floors, by preventing them from drying out too much which can make them buckle or crack?
The particular model we’ll talk about today, the Aprilaire 800, is a steam humidifier, cutting down on dryness in the air by adding moisture to it. This contributes to health of your family as it can prevent and alleviate dry skin, and reduce your chances of infection from the common cold and flu.
So while there are plenty of benefits to installing a steam humidifier, you don’t want to be spending your spare time and weekends on maintenance and cleaning, or adjusting the humidity control levels as the outside temperature dips and rises. This Aprilaire 800 model is a great option if you’re looking for an effective product, that doesn’t mean adding work to your job jar! When browsing steam humidifier reviews, you want to look at all the features to ensure it ticks all the right boxes for the time you have for maintenance and cleaning.
Some humidifiers require you to set the humidistat manually. This is fine when it comes to extremes like the temperature changes between summer and winter months, but during the in between seasons, the air temperature can rise and fall dramatically in only one day. This Aprilaire steam humidifier has a digital humidistat. This means it can automatically adjust to outside temperature changes, delivering optimum levels of humidity control, without you lifting a finger. One less thing for you to do. It offers you flexibility too, because it can be set to manual mode, so you can adjust it whenever you want to adapt to the needs of your family and home, or the climate you live in.
Easy Cleaning Features
This house humidifier also requires no cleaning at all. Cleaning the crud that forms in hard water out of a humidifier can really suck, but it can also damage the coils. Instead of cleaning this whole house steam humidifier, you simply replace the canister. This is a very simple process and you will easily be able to do it on your own, within 5 minutes. Two features that make it super easy are:
- A light on the system will indicate the need to change a canister, so you don’t have to check on it frequently.
- It can be fitted into attics and crawl spaces too, so it will give you peace of mind knowing you don’t have to check on it or clean it regularly.
The Aprilaire 800 can also help cut down your energy bills because it’s easier and quicker to control the indoor temperature of your home when there is more moisture in the air. This high-tech component has many more features making it the idea humidifier control product for your home:
- This whole house humidifier uses cold water (it doesn’t matter if it’s hard, soft or softened). You don’t have to worry about water filtration for this product to work optimally.
- It has a capacity between 11.5 and 34.6 gallons per day, depending on electrical draw, and because it runs independently of your HVAC system it’s perfect for larger homes, easily accommodating up to 6 200 square feet. It is also ideal for use in double-level homes.
- Air is properly dispersed throughout your whole house thanks to the absorption and dispersion steam technology. This means that you won’t have troubles with condensation forming in the ducts.
- This unit is made of metal, not plastic, so it is durable, strong and built to last.
Why A Whole-Home Humidification Not Portable?
You’ll know from steamy, hot summer nights, or damp, rainy winter nights, that too much humidity in your air can also cause discomfort. Some rooms, based on their position in the home, can have more humidity in the air than others. A portable unit cannot monitor the entire home like the Aprilaire Whole-Home Humidifier can. By reading the levels constantly it can then deliver the exact amount of moisture to keep levels correct in the whole house. A whole-house humidifier also has the following benefits:
- They don’t require regular cleaning or checking of water levels.
- Because there is no standing water, microbial organism growth will not become an issue for you.
For other Aprilaire models, check out their lineup of units.
- Runs independently of your HVAC system to accommodate larger homes (up to 6,200 square feet)
- Delivers optimum levels of humidity control with the Automatic Digital Humidifier Control.
- Performs quietly and with simple maintenance. You only need to replace the canister.
- Has a capacity of 11.5, 16.0, 20.5, 23.3, and 34.6 gallons per day, depending on electrical draw.
- Uses cold water, which may be hard, soft or softened.
Last update on 2017-03-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API