The All-American 15-1/2-quart pressure cooker and canner is much more in line with what most people who are unfamiliar with pressure cookers think they should look like. For a start it has a prominent steam gauge situated on the lid and lots of strong fastening screws along the lid edge. This is obviously a pressure cooker that can take a lot of pressure. Let’s have a look at some of the features and specifications that this specific pressure cooker model has to offer and what others have to say about it.
The All-American is a 15-1/2-quart pressure cooker and canner
- It has a capacity of 10 pint jars or 7 quart jars.
- It is made of hand-cast aluminum.
- It is extremely durable in operation.
- It has an attractive satin style finish.
- It employs a “metal-to-metal” sealing system that creates a steam-tight seal.
- It does not use gaskets for sealing.
- It has a geared steam gauge.
- It has an automatic overpressure release system.
- It can be set to 5 psi, 10 psi, or 15 psi.
- It measures 7-1/2 inches high with 12-1/2-inches inside diameter.
- It is manufactured in the USA.
- It weighs 18 pounds.
- It has an Amazon shipping weight of 21 pounds.
- It can be shipped to postal addresses within the USA and to some selected countries through Amazon.
Perfect for Your Canning Needs
The All-American 15-1/2-quart pressure cooker and canner is not just a pressure cooker though. It is also an efficient canner as well. Non-acid fruits and vegetables are best canned in high heat as this will kill off more bacteria than any hot bath method can. Its very large capacity means that a lot of foodstuffs can be canned at the same time, making it a very efficient canner for home use.
Large Capacity and High Pressure Capabilities
The All-American 15-1/2-quart pressure cooker and canner is capable of sustaining a lot of internal pressure. The pressure regulator valve can be set to three different settings of 5 psi, 10 psi and 15 psi to suit any need. This coupled with its 15-1/2 quart internal capacity means that this pressure cooker is ideal for any large family cooking needs. The highly visible pressure gauge on top of the lid makes it easy to keep the cooker safe. The pressure cooker is made from strong, hard wearing aluminum throughout.
Customer Reviews and Scores
There are a lot of customer reviews on Amazon for the All-American 15-1/2-quart pressure cooker and canner at the time of writing. They have scored the product 4.7 out of 5 stars on average.
One customer said, “…you cannot process quart jars using the hot water bath method because the 15-1/2 size is not deep enough.” This is hardly a fault with the All-American 15-1/2-quart pressure cooker and canner. It is simply the size it is, and it performs well for what it is designed to do.Buy from Amazon
Other customers said, “I love this canner and would highly recommend to newbees and experienced canners,” “I am 68 years old, and I’m using my mother’s All-American 15-1/2 quart pressure canner. Here is a product you can hand down to the next generation,” and, “I would recommend this to everyone.”